Peep And The Big Wide World; Tooth, Whole Tooth and Nothing But The Tooth, The; Winter Of Quack’s Discontent, The
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Tooth, Whole Tooth and Nothing But The Tooth, The; Winter Of Quack’s Discontent, The
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 41 42A THE TOOTH, THE WHOLE TOOTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TOOTH STORY BY: JASON COOKE WRITTEN BY: JASON COOKE AND KATHY WAUGH POOR BEAVER BOY. HE’S LOST A TOOTH! (CAN YOU STILL BE A BEAVER WITH ONLY ONE TOOTH?) SCIENCE: FORM AND FUNCTION (HOW BEAVER TEETH WORK) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT HOMEMADE DOUGHS TO SEE WHICH ONE IS BEST FOR SCULPTING. “SEE IF YOU CAN MAKE SOME DOUGH THAT’S GOOD FOR SCULPTING.”
41A THE WINTER OF QUACK’S DISCONTENT WRITTEN BY: KATHY WAUGH WINTER IS JUST SO BLAHHHHH. QUACK’S POND IS COVERED WITH ICE, BEAVER BOY WON’T PLAY, AND THE FISH…HEY WHERE ARE THE FISH? SCIENCE: WATER INTERSTITIAL: KIDS PUT SMALL TOYS IN BOWLS OF WATER, THEN OBSERVE HOW ICE FREEZES AND MELTS. “SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WATER FREEZES AND WHEN ICE MELTS.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Tooth, Whole Tooth and Nothing But The Tooth, The; Winter Of Quack’s Discontent, The,” 03/15/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CABA26C7B7254EAF9A7F972558307864.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Tooth, Whole Tooth and Nothing But The Tooth, The; Winter Of Quack’s Discontent, The.” 03/15/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CABA26C7B7254EAF9A7F972558307864>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Tooth, Whole Tooth and Nothing But The Tooth, The; Winter Of Quack’s Discontent, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CABA26C7B7254EAF9A7F972558307864