Thinking Big; James McLurkin: Almost Human: Robotics in the 21st Century
This Master is NOT closed captioned
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Thinking Big
- James McLurkin: Almost Human: Robotics in the 21st Century
- Program Number
- Series Description
WGBH’s New One-Week Series Thinking Big Looks at the World of Science and Technology Monday, October 3 through Friday, October 7, 2005 at 7:30pm on WGBH 2. Thinking Big is a lively, in-depth, studio based television program that features notable men and women from the fields of science and technology. Far from dry and academic, the “geeks” on Thinking Big are innovators as well as communicators—diverse men and women at the top of their fields who can articulate the big idea behind their work—and why it matters to the rest of us.The program is hosted by Lisa Mullins, anchor and senior producer of the international news radio program The World. Joseph Tovares is managing producer, and Patricia Alvarado is producer. Series release date: 10/3/2005
- Program Description
James McLurkin, a robotics engineer at MITs Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, imagines a world filled with robots, where man-made intelligent machines do the work deemed too dangerous for peoplesearching for survivors in the ruble of collapsed buildings, or exploring the farthest reaches of space. Although McLurkin admits that day is a long way off, the energetic robotics engineer expects getting there will make for a fun-filled career.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Thinking Big; James McLurkin: Almost Human: Robotics in the 21st Century,” 10/05/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CA01896EE30741F7B5BA6086EAEE9567.
- MLA: “Thinking Big; James McLurkin: Almost Human: Robotics in the 21st Century.” 10/05/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CA01896EE30741F7B5BA6086EAEE9567>.
- APA: Thinking Big; James McLurkin: Almost Human: Robotics in the 21st Century. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CA01896EE30741F7B5BA6086EAEE9567