Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Wes Studi
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Wes Studi 5/4/11 #3315 TRT: 26:46 TC: SD 29.97 DF Op: T.C.P. VTR: Channel 1: Stereo L Channel 2: Stereo R Channel 3: Mono Mix Channel 4: Mono Mix CC, Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Wes Studi
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Native American actor Wes Studi is best known for his roles in The Last of the Mohicans, Dances with Wolves, and Avatar. He has been an activist involved in American Indian causes since the 1970s, when he was part of the American Indian Movement (AIM). A spokesman for the Indigenous Language Institute, he has written two children’s books to promote the continued use of the Cherokee language. In this episode of One-on-One, Wes talks with María Hinojosa about his long film career and how he prepared himself for some of his most important roles.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Wes Studi,” 05/04/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C9AF6C6F94E04C4DB5F8A04C694EC1EF.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Wes Studi.” 05/04/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C9AF6C6F94E04C4DB5F8A04C694EC1EF>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Wes Studi. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C9AF6C6F94E04C4DB5F8A04C694EC1EF