Ten O'Clock News; 1960 Democratic convention
John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson at Democratic National Convention 1960. JFK's "New Frontier" speech.
- Ten O'Clock News
1960 Democratic convention
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Political conventions
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
- Political campaigns
- News Report
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; 1960 Democratic convention,” 01/01/1960, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8EBF7F94B1441F7A29568D7332BCEBE.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; 1960 Democratic convention.” 01/01/1960. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8EBF7F94B1441F7A29568D7332BCEBE>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; 1960 Democratic convention. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8EBF7F94B1441F7A29568D7332BCEBE