Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grandma Ruffman’s Recipe For Success
DTO (Download To Own) Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Grandma Ruffman’s Recipe For Success
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season One (1) Broadcast 2006 GRANDMA RUFFMAN WANTS RUFF TO SELL A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND COPIES OF HER COOKBOOK ON HIS SHOW, BUT SHE THINKS HER GRANDSON NEEDS TO BE MUCH FUNNIER TO GARNER THE RATINGS HE'LL NEED TO MOVE PRODUCT. SO RUFF SENDS TAYLOR, NOAH, AND BRIAN OUT TO COOK GRANDMA'S RECIPES...AT DRUMLIN FARM, AND GRANDMA SENDS KHALIL OUT TO LEARN HOW TO TELL JOKES FROM A PROFESSIONAL COMEDIAN.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grandma Ruffman’s Recipe For Success,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8BA12BBF3F74FB88C0418DF3B7FFCD3.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grandma Ruffman’s Recipe For Success.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8BA12BBF3F74FB88C0418DF3B7FFCD3>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grandma Ruffman’s Recipe For Success. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8BA12BBF3F74FB88C0418DF3B7FFCD3