Peep And The Big Wide World; Magic Duck Dancing; Chirp Chirp Tweet Tweet Chirp
Magic Duck Dancing; Chirp, Chirp, Quack, Quack, Chirp includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Magic Duck Dancing; Chirp Chirp Tweet Tweet Chirp
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 4 EPISODE 53
54A MAGIC DUCK DANCING: ANIMATION: QUACK THINKS HIS SNAZZY NEW DUCK DANCE HAS MAGICAL POWER. HE THOUGHTFULLY DECIDES TO TEACH IT TO ALL HIS FRIENDS -- FOR A SMALL FEE, OF COURSE!
INTERSTITIAL: KIDS PLAY INSTRUMENTS AND MAKE A DANCE USING PATTERNS THEY COME UP WITH.
56B CHIRP CHIRP TWEET TWEET CHIRP ANIMATION: CHIRP IS REALLY GOOD AT RECOGNIZING OTHER BIRDS’ SONGS, BUT CAN SHE FIND ONE OF HER OWN?
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS MAKE CHAINS WITH BEADS, PIPE CLEANERS, BUTTONS, COLORED PAPER LOOPS ETC. NO MORE THAN 4 ITEMS. UNITS REPEATED NO LESS THAN 3 TIMES. WEARABLE, FESTOONABLE. KIDS ‘NAME’ THE ITEMS THEY’VE CREATED, DEVELOP A VOCABULARY TO DESCRIBE THEIR PATTERN. A 2-1-2 PATTERN. OR A 3-1-2-3-1-2 PATTERN.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Magic Duck Dancing; Chirp Chirp Tweet Tweet Chirp,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8B4082E386447E5A8F70D7B2901A6CD.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Magic Duck Dancing; Chirp Chirp Tweet Tweet Chirp.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8B4082E386447E5A8F70D7B2901A6CD>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Magic Duck Dancing; Chirp Chirp Tweet Tweet Chirp. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8B4082E386447E5A8F70D7B2901A6CD