Report From Moscow on Disarmament and World Security
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Report From Moscow on Disarmament and World Security
- Program Description
Comments and discussion from representatives present as part of the American delegation to the Pugwash Conference. The last one was recently held in Moscow to discuss disarmament and World Security problems.
Panel of American scholars and scientists reflecting on their recent attendance at the Pugwash Conference in Moscow, U.S.S.R., at which they and their Soviet counterparts discussed issues concerning nuclear disarmament and world security. Panelists on the program are: Paul M. Doty, Professor of Chemistry, Harvard University; Richard S. Leghorn, Founder and President of ITEK Corporation, and recent Chairman of the American Federation of Scientists; Alexander Rich, M.D., Associate Professor of Biophysics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.); Walt W. Rostow, Deputy Special Assistant to the President (John F. Kennedy) for National Security Affairs, on leave from M.I.T., where he is Professor of Economic History; Jerome B. Wiesner, Director of the Research Laboratory of Electronics, M.I.T., also Special Assistant to President Kennedy for Science and Technology; The program is moderated by Lawrence Martin, Assistant Professor of Political Science, M.I.T.
Produced by Robert Larson, and directed by Ed Scherer. Recorded 1/3/1961.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Global Affairs
- Larson, Robert (Producer)
- Chicago: “Report From Moscow on Disarmament and World Security,” 01/03/1961, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C88472894A3549FC939A2EA18F38F29A.
- MLA: “Report From Moscow on Disarmament and World Security.” 01/03/1961. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C88472894A3549FC939A2EA18F38F29A>.
- APA: Report From Moscow on Disarmament and World Security. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C88472894A3549FC939A2EA18F38F29A