Simply Ming; Three-Mustard Vinaigrette
Simply Ming SMMG 321K1, Three Mustard Vinaigrette, Uncaptioned Master, 26:46
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Three-Mustard Vinaigrette
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: David Ortiz Ming's Mustard Vinaigrette combines four of his favorite flavors: sweet, tart, spicy, and salty. The source of all these flavors is mustard, and Ming blends three kinds into a potent vinaigrette that does triple duty as a salad dressing, a marinade, and a grill sauce. Ming makes his Three-Mustard Vinaigrette followed by Oven Roasted Peppercorn Sirloin with Mustard-Shiitake Salad, Mustard-Roasted Whole Natural Chicken with Potatoes and Mirepoix, and Grilled Mustard Marinated Portobello and Radicchio. Ming heads outside to join Red Sox David Ortiz at Boston's Fenway Park to make Papi's Grilled Three-Mustard Marinated Chicken with Sweet Potato Fried Rice.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Three-Mustard Vinaigrette,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C87F723781844205A9B86302F7BF354C.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Three-Mustard Vinaigrette.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C87F723781844205A9B86302F7BF354C>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Three-Mustard Vinaigrette. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C87F723781844205A9B86302F7BF354C