Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Tray
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Serving Tray
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
0109 – Serving Tray/First Church of Ipswich, MA Episode 09 – Serving Tray
Though the Serving Tray in this episode may look simple, it involves a complicated compound angle that defeats many woodworkers. But, Tommy has an answer for you – a trick that makes compound angles easy. In this episode, he provides detailed instruction and discusses the technique of creating compound angles. Then he joins Gerry Ward from Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts at the First Church of Ipswich, Massachusetts. Later, Tommy returns to his workshop for a visit from the North Bennet Street School’s Steve Brown.
Resources: Marking Gauge Block Planes
Field Trip: First Church of Ipswich, MA
Questions and Answers: Pre-drilling Holes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Tray,” 10/05/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C799BBA4A4E242A6BCA6B334789816A0.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Tray.” 10/05/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C799BBA4A4E242A6BCA6B334789816A0>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Tray. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C799BBA4A4E242A6BCA6B334789816A0