Evening at Pops; All That Jazz
Patti Austin , Peter Cinocotti , Byron Stripling
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- All That Jazz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Boston Pops Orchestra and conductor Keith Lockhart celebrate an evening of extraordinary musical talent when they welcome rising star Peter Cincotti, who will entertain with highlights from his heralded debut album, including "Sway" and "Rainbow Connection." Paying tribute to the legendary team of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, celebrated singer Patti Austin and trumpet virtuoso Byron Stripling perform duets such as "Gee Baby Ain't I Good to You" and "Stompin' At The Savoy." This swinging episode of EVENING AT POPS will close the night with a rousing rendition of Chicago's "All That Jazz."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; All That Jazz,” 06/12/2003, GBH Archives, accessed November 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C73264AB40474A789ED4998AD104EEF7.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; All That Jazz.” 06/12/2003. GBH Archives. Web. November 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C73264AB40474A789ED4998AD104EEF7>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; All That Jazz. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C73264AB40474A789ED4998AD104EEF7