Dinner At Julia's; Beef: Braised and Stuffed
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Dinner At Julia's
- Beef: Braised and Stuffed
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered October 1983.
A 13 week celebration of the art of good cooking, with emphasis on the bounty of American ingredients. The centerpiece of each program continues to be the preparation of an original Julia menu; the recipes, however, have a distinctly American accent. Built around a weekly dinner party for 10, the setting is a colonial-style mansion just outside Santa Barbara. Viewers join Julia on location for weekly journeys to seek out raw materials and meet some of her colleagues and friends. Julia has invited chefs from this country’s premiere restaurants to share their techniques and specialties with viewers. 13 California vintners join the discussions, offering selections appropriate to that evening’s dinner fare.
See Dial October 1983 for cover story and interview.
13 episodes, broadcast: Oct. 1983-Jan. 1984 Series release date: 10/1983
- Program Description
Julia goes foraging for wild chanterelle mushrooms to accompany her main course of Stuffed braised Beef.
The menu includes blinis, crawfish bisque, stuffed braised beef and trifle with kiwi fruit and raspberries. Louis Evans, Jr. of the Pontchartrain Hotel in New Orleans is the guest chef and Warren Winiarski, owner of Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars in Napa, California, is the wine expert.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Morash, Russell (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Dinner At Julia's; Beef: Braised and Stuffed,” 08/31/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 18, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6CF903D80A5460CA6E43807FA8D3184.
- MLA: “Dinner At Julia's; Beef: Braised and Stuffed.” 08/31/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 18, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6CF903D80A5460CA6E43807FA8D3184>.
- APA: Dinner At Julia's; Beef: Braised and Stuffed. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6CF903D80A5460CA6E43807FA8D3184