Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson vs Herald
Meg Vaillancourt reports that The Boston Herald newspaper has accused Laval Wilson (Superintendent, Boston Public Schools) of misusing the credit card of the Boston School Department. Vaillancourt notes that Wilson has denied the charges and has demanded a retraction from The Boston Herald. Vaillancourt's report includes footage of Wilson at a press conference with Philip Crowe (attorney for Wilson). Wilson talks about the accusations and denies any wrongdoing. Crowe adds that Wilson may sue The Boston Herald for libel. Vaillancourt notes that Alan Eisner (Editor, The Boston Herald) has refused to print a retraction. Vaillancourt reports that Wilson may have been dropped from consideration for a position with the New York City Public School System because of the Herald article. Vaillancourt adds that Wilson is an "embattled superintendent."
- Ten O'Clock News
Laval Wilson vs Herald
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Political corruption
- Press conferences
- Boston Herald Traveler Corporation
- School superintendents
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson vs Herald,” 12/22/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6AB2EF54AD64B9B8BFC2F6D8767CC2B.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson vs Herald.” 12/22/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6AB2EF54AD64B9B8BFC2F6D8767CC2B>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson vs Herald. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6AB2EF54AD64B9B8BFC2F6D8767CC2B