Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; New Zealand: The Rugged Land
New Zeland The Rugged Land 16x9 Letterbox
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- New Zealand: The Rugged Land
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
New Zealand: The Rugged Land EPISODE 22
With about 10,000 miles of rugged, unspoiled coastline and relative isolation from the rest of the world, New Zealand is the perfect place for growing fresh, organic fare. We?ll travel across the country and meet producers of artisanal honey, hand-crafted goat cheese, single-vineyard wines, and farm-raised venison. Join us as we learn how local products and the natural bounty of the land influence cuisines around the world.
RECIPES Seared Venison and Kumara Rösti with Creamed Spinach and Cranberry Sauce Wildflower-Honey Semifreddo with Honey Sesame Wafers
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; New Zealand: The Rugged Land,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 16, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C69813351390480D86F6E9B5219E179C.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; New Zealand: The Rugged Land.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 16, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C69813351390480D86F6E9B5219E179C>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; New Zealand: The Rugged Land. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C69813351390480D86F6E9B5219E179C