Food Trip with Todd English; Southern Thailand: Barefoot In Phuket
Thailand: Phuket Edited Master- Legalized
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Southern Thailand: Barefoot In Phuket
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd English is on a journey in search of a mangosteen, one of the most praised tropical fruits. It's a voyage of epicurean discovery in the south of Thailand, where the rhythm of the beach is a way of life and the kitchens, both plain and fancy, make great use of the tropical bounty. Sea gypsies, plantations where monkeys pick coconuts, palm sugaring, prawn farming, panang and massaman curries send Todd back to the States rejuvenated and ready to create new flavor sensations with equatorial inspirations at Olives in Boston.
Recipes: Crispy Red Snapper – Soi Polo style
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Southern Thailand: Barefoot In Phuket,” 06/08/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6943C8FECFA4D449198526E19FD7246.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Southern Thailand: Barefoot In Phuket.” 06/08/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6943C8FECFA4D449198526E19FD7246>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Southern Thailand: Barefoot In Phuket. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6943C8FECFA4D449198526E19FD7246