FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 2
WGBH EDITED MASTER (GREEN LABEL) Kind Hearted Woman, Part 2, Tape 1 of 2
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- FRONTLINE Special Report
- Kind Hearted Woman, Part 2
- Program Number
- Series Description
Since January 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's - PBS - flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 23 years is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. Series release date: 1/1983
- Program Description
Part Two: 2 1/2 hour broadcast on Tuesday, April 2, 2013.
Kind Hearted Woman is a special co-presentation of FRONTLINE and Independent Lens.
Filmmaker David Sutherland profiles Robin Charboneau, a divorced mother and Oglala Sioux woman living on North Dakota’s Spirit Lake Reservation. Sutherland follows Charboneau over three years as she struggles to raise her children, further her education, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and battle alcoholism. She fights in tribal court with her ex-husband for custody of the children, even after he’s convicted of sexually molesting his daughter and another child. Charboneau’s quest to heal her family, earn a degree and return to the reservation to help prevent abuse of women and children leads her on a journey of discovery, heartbreak and, ultimately, redemption.
A David Sutherland Production for WGBH/FRONTLINE and the Independent Television Service (ITVS)
©2013 David Sutherland Productions, Inc. and WGBH Educational Foundation
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Public Affairs
- Fanning, David (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 2,” 04/02/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6603AB4271C4B768C5B2DFAA226836E.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 2.” 04/02/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6603AB4271C4B768C5B2DFAA226836E>.
- APA: FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6603AB4271C4B768C5B2DFAA226836E