Ten O'Clock News; Cox on judicial reform
Reporters set up microphones at podium. Archibald Cox chairs a press conference on judicial reform and court reorganization. He describes the effects and causes of delays in the Massachusetts courts and the budgets associated with the courts. He is flanked by Alan Sisitsky, Michael Dukakis, Kevin Harrington, Michael Flaherty, and Francis Bellotti. He thanks committee that did the study. Attorney General Francis Bellotti expresses his support of the committee, which he hopes will be able to bring about the necessary judicial reform.
- Ten O'Clock News
Cox on judicial reform
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Cox, Archibald, 1912-2004
- Harrington, Kevin B.
- Press conferences
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Bellotti, Francis X.
- News Report
- Bellotti, Francis X. (Speaker)
- Cox, Archibald, 1912-2004 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Cox on judicial reform,” 12/08/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C642EA0AC1E8408EA2D5064439B3327B.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Cox on judicial reform.” 12/08/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C642EA0AC1E8408EA2D5064439B3327B>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Cox on judicial reform. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C642EA0AC1E8408EA2D5064439B3327B