Ten O'Clock News; Auerbach introduces owners
At press conference Celtics general manager Red Auerbach introduces new owners John Y. Brown and 'silent partner' Harry Mangurian. Brown expresses his wish for Red Auerbach to stay with the Celtics. He says he's an active owner and talks about how he became an owner and his plans for the Celtics. He answers other questions from the press. Red Auerbach smokes a cigar throughout. Press asks Auerbach about the decision he has to make about whether to stay with the Celtics. Leprechaun logo on Celtics banner.
- Ten O'Clock News
Auerbach introduces owners
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Press conferences
- Auerbach, Red, 1917-2006
- Boston Celtics (Basketball team)
- Mangurian, Harry T., 1926-2008
- Brown, John Y., Jr.
- News Report
- Brown, John Y., Jr. (Speaker)
- Auerbach, Red, 1917-2006 (Speaker)
- Mangurian, Harry T., 1926-2008 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Auerbach introduces owners,” 07/12/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6022ACB1AAB4251871CFC4B3E5FBB45.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Auerbach introduces owners.” 07/12/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6022ACB1AAB4251871CFC4B3E5FBB45>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Auerbach introduces owners. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6022ACB1AAB4251871CFC4B3E5FBB45