Evening at Pops; Modern Jazz Quartet
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Modern Jazz Quartet
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
From the 12/1969 WGBH Program Guide: “One of the nation’s top jazz groups, the Modern Jazz Quartet performs some of its best-known works, during a concert recorded by WGBH at the Berkshire Festival. On the NET Festival program will be ‘Blue Necklace’, What Now My Love?’, ‘Monterey Mist’, ‘Exposure’, ‘A Cold Wind is Blowing’, ‘Concerto de Aranjuez’, and ‘The Jasmine Tree’. Introducing the concert is Gunther Schuller, President of the New England Conservatory of Music. At the conclusion of the program the members of the quartet outline their musical background and ideas, what they have done musically, and where they are heading. Their words are accompanied by a film animation produced especially for this program by WGBH producer-director William Cosel.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Modern Jazz Quartet,” 01/31/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C5AFFC0619A74843B2F2D2CF6BD25ACD.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Modern Jazz Quartet.” 01/31/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C5AFFC0619A74843B2F2D2CF6BD25ACD>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Modern Jazz Quartet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C5AFFC0619A74843B2F2D2CF6BD25ACD