Ten O'Clock News; Black / Jewish seder
Meg Vaillancourt reports on the annual Black/Jewish Seder Supper at the Union United Methodist Church. Interviews with Leonard Zakim from the Anti-Defamation League, Charles Stith from the Union United Methodist Church, and Eric Karp from the Temple Ohabei Shalom about the importance of the Black/Jewish Seder supper. Zakim says that the supper celebrates the continuing struggle for freedom and civil rights on the part of both communities. Stith talks about the kinship between the two communities. Karp says that both communities have struggled against oppression. Interviews with attendees about the significance of the supper. Vaillancourt notes that this year's Seder supper falls on the eve of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. This edition of the Ten O'Clock News also included the following item: James Williams protests lack of minority faculty at MIT
- Ten O'Clock News
Black / Jewish seder
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- African Americans
- Rites and ceremonies
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- Race relations
- African American religious leaders
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Black / Jewish seder,” 04/03/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C5A3A9EEB54E4997A9C85384176B8935.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Black / Jewish seder.” 04/03/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C5A3A9EEB54E4997A9C85384176B8935>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Black / Jewish seder. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C5A3A9EEB54E4997A9C85384176B8935