Ten O'Clock News; Saint Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day Lunch at Boys and Girls Club of Boston in South Boston. State Senator William Bulger speaks to the audience and tells jokes. Bulger sings Irish ballad "The Wearing of the Green." Tom McGee is on stage.
- Ten O'Clock News
Saint Patrick's Day
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- McGee, Thomas W., 1924-2012
- Saint Patrick's Day
- Bulger, William M.
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Bulger, William M. (Speaker)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Saint Patrick's Day,” 03/08/1984, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C57B6995625B444BA94797F22F73C82F.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Saint Patrick's Day.” 03/08/1984. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C57B6995625B444BA94797F22F73C82F>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Saint Patrick's Day. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C57B6995625B444BA94797F22F73C82F