Korea: The Unknown War; Arrogant Display of Strength, An
** 2 HR TIME CODE - PBS LENGTH **
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Korea: The Unknown War
- Arrogant Display of Strength, An
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast Nov. 12-14, 1990
This series spans the history of the Korean War with a look at its origins and legacies. The programs combine archival material with the testimony of key eyewitnesses and present new evidence regarding the controversial aspects of the war. The story of a "police action" that grew into a multinational war claiming 34,000 US casualties - in the first and only confrontation between forces of the United Nations and the Communist bloc. Episode titles: 101: Many Roads to War," 102: An Arrogant Display of Strength," 103: "There is No Substitute for Victory," 104: "An Entirely New War," 105: "The Battle for Minds," 106: "Armed Truce." Series release date: 11/12/1990
- Program Description
Covers the events in the early part of the Korean War, from the fall of Seoul at the end of June 1950, to the eve of the dramatic landings at Inchon almost three months later. Central figures in this segment include General Douglas MacArthur, President Harry Truman and Chiang Kai-shek.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Hoyt, Austin (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Korea: The Unknown War; Arrogant Display of Strength, An,” 02/15/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 26, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4FE60D9D6A441C7BE17639BC0B4E8DD.
- MLA: “Korea: The Unknown War; Arrogant Display of Strength, An.” 02/15/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 26, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4FE60D9D6A441C7BE17639BC0B4E8DD>.
- APA: Korea: The Unknown War; Arrogant Display of Strength, An. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4FE60D9D6A441C7BE17639BC0B4E8DD