Peep And The Big Wide World; In A Bind; Star Light, Star Bright
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- In A Bind; Star Light, Star Bright
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 44 46B IN A BIND WRITTEN BY: GLEN BERGER IT’S CHIRP’S LUCKY DAY WHEN SHE FINDS A GOLDEN STRING. IT’S HER UNLUCKY DAY WHEN QUACK STICKS HIS BIG FOOT IN IT. SCIENCE: PROPERTIES OF OBJECTS AND MATERIALS (ELASTIC CORD) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS USE RUBBER BANDS TO LAUNCH TOY CARS. THEY OBSERVE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY VARY THE TENSION, OR THE SIZE, OF THE BANDS. “TRY LAUNCHING TOY CARS WITH RUBBER BANDS!”
48B STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT STORY BY: KATHY WAUGH AND CATHERINE ANDERSON WRITTEN BY: KATHY WAUGH WISHING ON A STAR ONLY WORKS IF YOUR STAR HASN’T CONTRACTED “STARITIS.” (OR IS IT “STARATOSIOSIS”?) SCIENCE: THE SKY (STARS) INTERSTITIAL: IT’S A CLEAR NIGHT, AND THE KIDS ARE LYING ON BLANKETS AND LOOKING AT THE STARS. THEY PLAY A VERSION OF “CONNECT-THE-DOTS” AND MAKE UP THEIR OWN CONSTELLATIONS. “TRY LOOKING AT THE STARS ON A CLEAR NIGHT.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; In A Bind; Star Light, Star Bright,” 03/28/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4ED838974A946F0888D6CA492A5F415.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; In A Bind; Star Light, Star Bright.” 03/28/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4ED838974A946F0888D6CA492A5F415>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; In A Bind; Star Light, Star Bright. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4ED838974A946F0888D6CA492A5F415