Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Best Pizza On Earth
Food Trip with Todd English 109 The Best Pizza On Earth SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- New York: The Best Pizza On Earth
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 JOIN TODD ENGLISH AS HE HUNTS FOR THE BEST PIZZA ON EARTH. IT ALL STARTS WITH THE BEST INGREDIENTS: A VISIT TO JOE’S DAIRY TO TRY FRESH, HAND-CRAFTED MOZZARELLA. THE NTODD TRACKS DOWN A BRONX NATIVE WHO MADE THE MVOE TO PHOENIX, CHEF CHRIS BIANCO, TO LEARN THE SECRET OF WHAT SOME CRITICS CLAIM TO BE THE BEST PIZZA IN THE US. AND WHAT’S A PIZZA WITHOUT THE SAUCE? AFTER AN EXPLORATION OF CLASSIC SAUCES, THE CHEF CREATES HIS OWN VERSION OF THE POPULAR PIE WITH HIS SON, SIMON, BACK AT FIGS, HIS TRESTURANT IN CHARLESTOWN, MA.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Best Pizza On Earth,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4DEC5FFE15C4469A8CD08EDBE5256B2.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Best Pizza On Earth.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4DEC5FFE15C4469A8CD08EDBE5256B2>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Best Pizza On Earth. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4DEC5FFE15C4469A8CD08EDBE5256B2