Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Locked in the Library
Arthur Home Video Master - “Arthur Writes a Story”, “Locked in the Library” - Full Mix Ch 1&2, M&E Mix Ch 3&4, not captioned.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Writes a Story; Locked in the Library
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
112: Arthur Writes a Story: Struggling with a school assignment, Arthur decides that his regular old life is just too boring to write about. But when his tale of getting Pal starts to involve invisible elephants and trips to outer space, Arthur loses his audience. Sometimes truth is more interesting than fiction! The basis of an Arthur picture book.
106: Locked in the Library!: Arthur and Francine are fighting. (If only Arthur hadn't felt compelled to call Francine a marshmallow.) But when they both get locked inside the Elwood City Library they either have to make up, or prepare for a long, dreary, scary evening. The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Locked in the Library,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4DE2FFAD7F0426390829D3BA999E26E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Locked in the Library.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4DE2FFAD7F0426390829D3BA999E26E>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Locked in the Library. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4DE2FFAD7F0426390829D3BA999E26E