Evening at Pops; Isaac Stern
DUB FROM PBS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Isaac Stern
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
This violinist has thrilled audiences with his performances through most of the 20th century. But he is not content just to make beautiful music. He’s an educator and an activist as well. Did you know that Carnegie Hall would have been torn down long ago if it hadn’t been for Isaac Stern? It’s ture and we’ll hear about it this week on ANTY.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Isaac Stern,” 12/29/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C489ADF64AEE4AEB889321F77625FAB8.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Isaac Stern.” 12/29/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C489ADF64AEE4AEB889321F77625FAB8>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Isaac Stern. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C489ADF64AEE4AEB889321F77625FAB8