Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Memory Box
Rough Cut 403 Memory Box Caption Master
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Memory Box
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Memory Box – Ed Davis
This special episode of Rough Cut features Boston Police C0mmissioner Ed Davis sharing his memories of the Boston Marathon bombings by making a memory box with host Tommy MacDonald. Designed to hold memories of a loved one, the box’s design shows how easy it is to build this weekend project at home.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Router Table Bench Chisels
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Memory Box,” 09/11/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 6, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C427B5BA1EB049A3973D28771A493E34.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Memory Box.” 09/11/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 6, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C427B5BA1EB049A3973D28771A493E34>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Memory Box. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C427B5BA1EB049A3973D28771A493E34