Arthur; Just Deserts; Big Dig, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Just Deserts; Big Dig, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Just Desserts: Arthur has a hard time resisting sweets, and one evening his overindulgence wins him an upset stomach and a series of rather 'Grimm' dreams... starring Mr. Ratburn as a child-eating witch, the Tibbles as seven dwarves, and a fearsome giant made entirely of food!
The Big Dig: Arthur and D.W. used to love it when Grandpa Dave came to visit -- but now he only wants to sleep and play checkers. Then one day Grandpa Dave shares a secret map, and Arthur and D.W. hunt for a buried treasure and discover some family history.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Just Deserts; Big Dig, The,” 10/27/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 4, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C424E527E12447B6AB10763986135000.
- MLA: “Arthur; Just Deserts; Big Dig, The.” 10/27/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 4, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C424E527E12447B6AB10763986135000>.
- APA: Arthur; Just Deserts; Big Dig, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C424E527E12447B6AB10763986135000