Ten O'Clock News; Fields Corner
Fields Corner environs. Storefronts and pedestrians along Dorchester Avenue. Cars and buses drive along. Exteriors of the MBTA station. Dorchester Avenue street sign.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Dorchester (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Crossley, Callie (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Fields Corner,” 07/19/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3D8D18D2D0245278D996CD67D2FEE91.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Fields Corner.” 07/19/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3D8D18D2D0245278D996CD67D2FEE91>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Fields Corner. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3D8D18D2D0245278D996CD67D2FEE91