Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Baja: The New Provence
Baja: The New Provence 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Baja: The New Provence
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
BAJA: THE NEW PROVENCE EPISODE 27
Also broadcast as stand alone special. We’ll travel to Baja, the peninsula south of California in Mexico that is fast becoming an epicenter in the culinary world. We’ll meet a chef who has built a destination restaurant using fresh herbs, vegetables, and seafood for his restaurant Laja. We’ll also travel to a wine school in the fertile valley of Guadalupe, then visit a French chef who runs a five-diamond resort restaurant in Los Cabos. Join us as we show you why this Mexican hotspot is compared to the major gastronomic regions of France. And in the Gourmet kitchen, we’re sharing a savory recipe for Mongolian stewed garlic.
RECIPES Arugula and Fennel Salad With Black Olives and Cherry Tomatoes Beet Gazpacho Clams and Mussels in Tequila Mesquite-Grilled Red Snapper With Fresh Herbs Mongolian Stewed Garlic Tender Lamb With Herbs
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Baja: The New Provence,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 15, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3C0297FA6B94D62AB07713769394B5C.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Baja: The New Provence.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 15, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3C0297FA6B94D62AB07713769394B5C>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Baja: The New Provence. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3C0297FA6B94D62AB07713769394B5C