Arthur; I’m a Poet; The Scare Your Pants Off Club
WGBH EE Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- I’m a Poet; The Scare Your Pants Off Club
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
I'm a Poet: Challenged by Fern to enter a poetry contest, Arthur and his friends each write a poem to be judged by the famous poet Jack Prelutsky.
The Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club: Arthur and his friends develop a consuming passion for the Scare-Your-Pants-Off books, a series of hair-raising, spine-tingling ghost stories. Long lines form at the library on Saturday mornings, as everyone vies to get the latest edition. But a group called PAWS--"Parents Against Weird Stories"--wants to take the books away! Can the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club save the day? The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; I’m a Poet; The Scare Your Pants Off Club,” 09/27/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C31DE8EAFFF84C039C1DC9485FC7CD0F.
- MLA: “Arthur; I’m a Poet; The Scare Your Pants Off Club.” 09/27/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C31DE8EAFFF84C039C1DC9485FC7CD0F>.
- APA: Arthur; I’m a Poet; The Scare Your Pants Off Club. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C31DE8EAFFF84C039C1DC9485FC7CD0F