La Plaza; Milton Nascimiento In Concert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Milton Nascimiento In Concert
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
International Brazilian superstar Milton Nascimento has entranced audiences around the world. His music and expressive voice have received great acclaim from both critics and the most notable musicians worldwide. Many jazz greats, such as the legendary Sarah Vaughn, have recorded his songs. Join us for a memorable musical piece that includes an exclusive interview with the Brazilian master, stunning footage of the Amazon, and a compilation of his music through the years. Acquisition.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Milton Nascimiento In Concert,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C311CAFCCC584DB781B88DAA249FC101.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Milton Nascimiento In Concert.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C311CAFCCC584DB781B88DAA249FC101>.
- APA: La Plaza; Milton Nascimiento In Concert. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C311CAFCCC584DB781B88DAA249FC101