Martha Speaks; Martha Takes the Cake; Codename: Martha
MSPE 103 (HD) Media Operations Center PBS 3369
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Takes the Cake; Codename: Martha
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Takes the Cake It's Alice's birthday and everybody's invited, including Martha. The only problem is that Nelson (Martha's cat nemesis) will be there too. When somebody-or some animal-ruins the birthday cake, Alice's brother Ronald thinks Martha's responsible. Martha proclaims her innocence . . . but why was she surrounded by cake crumbs?
Vocabulary: (E) innocent, guilty, biased, witness, evidence
(I) judge, jury, trial, prove, true, truth
Codename: Martha Martha, Helen, and T.D. uncover a plot to rob the jewelry store, or so they think until their two suspects turn out to be police detectives on a stakeout. Now that everybody has gone home in disgrace, how will Martha catch the real criminals?
Vocabulary: (E) suspicious, accomplice, plotting, proof, expression
(I) fishy, partner, planning, positive
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Takes the Cake; Codename: Martha,” 09/06/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C2C77FD6AE1F4A1A940FCF2EDC0FEF88.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Takes the Cake; Codename: Martha.” 09/06/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C2C77FD6AE1F4A1A940FCF2EDC0FEF88>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Takes the Cake; Codename: Martha. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C2C77FD6AE1F4A1A940FCF2EDC0FEF88