Arthur; Last of the May, The; Moo Cow; Bitzi's Beau
cc/ dvs Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Last of the May, The; Moo Cow; Bitzi's Beau
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
The Last of Mary Moo Cow: D.W. is Mary Moo Cow's greatest fan. She watches the show every day and collects countless videos, toys, and clothes. When Mary Moo Cow is cancelled, D.W. is devastated. How can television -- or life as she knows it -- ever be the same?
Bitzi's Beau: Buster and his mom are very close -- they like the same movies, the same food, the same boyfriends... wait, what?! Actually Buster hasn't yet met Bitzi's new boyfriend, but he fears the worst. Is he an alien? Is he Mr. Ratburn? Or worst of all... is he a Mom-stealer?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Last of the May, The; Moo Cow; Bitzi's Beau,” 10/23/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C2A64447A64746E8B9FA95F0E0D067CE.
- MLA: “Arthur; Last of the May, The; Moo Cow; Bitzi's Beau.” 10/23/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C2A64447A64746E8B9FA95F0E0D067CE>.
- APA: Arthur; Last of the May, The; Moo Cow; Bitzi's Beau. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C2A64447A64746E8B9FA95F0E0D067CE