Martha Speaks; Martha the Hero Maker; Starstruck Martha
MSPE 112 (HD) 3471
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha the Hero Maker; Starstruck Martha
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha the Hero Maker Martha has an idea for a thrilling adventure story, so Truman, T.D., and Helen decide to draw it for her. Much to Martha's dismay, they all add their own special touches, including peanut butter, a ground squirrel, and the Incredible Exo–Skeleton–of–Wow. But when life imitates art, things get a little too exciting!
Vocabulary: (E) thrilling, hero, villain, astonish, humongous
(I) boring, exciting, adventure, incredible, amazing, dull
Starstruck Martha Martha is thrilled when she hears Courageous Collie Carlo is coming to town. But when Martha unexpectedly reveals how uncourageous Carlo really is, she has to help him save his reputation or Carlo's TV career could be history.
Vocabulary: (E) ecstatic, embarrass, enthusiastic, eager, reputation
(I) fear, excited, glad, upset, fan
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha the Hero Maker; Starstruck Martha,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C240BC11FC9B45DB80A9767EEBC05B11.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha the Hero Maker; Starstruck Martha.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C240BC11FC9B45DB80A9767EEBC05B11>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha the Hero Maker; Starstruck Martha. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C240BC11FC9B45DB80A9767EEBC05B11