Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to Get Dogs and Doggerel in Better Shape
DTO (download-to-own) Master iTunes Version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- How to Get Dogs and Doggerel in Better Shape
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 After learning that Spot Spotnik, a longtime nemesis, is vying for Charlene the poodle's affection, Ruff decides to get in shape and learn to write love poetry. He sends Madi, Mike, and Willie to learn about exercise, and he sends Nina to learn poetry writing and compete in a "poetry slam."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to Get Dogs and Doggerel in Better Shape,” 06/19/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C235058245774340994D6240CD978E14.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to Get Dogs and Doggerel in Better Shape.” 06/19/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C235058245774340994D6240CD978E14>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to Get Dogs and Doggerel in Better Shape. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C235058245774340994D6240CD978E14