Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Rocks the (Enviornmentally Sustainable) House
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Ruff Rocks the (Enviornmentally Sustainable) House
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff is excited about being invited to play rock music in South Carolina – that is, until he realizes that his Swedish environmentalist-rock-star-cousin Rüf Rüfman was actually invited to perform instead. In order to convince Rüf that he should play in the concert, Ruff sends Talia and Isaac to learn how to build a "green" doghouse. He then sends Sterling and Liza to rock n' roll band camp.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Rocks the (Enviornmentally Sustainable) House,” 07/07/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C200856D0E814996BCF50C697620D1D2.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Rocks the (Enviornmentally Sustainable) House.” 07/07/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C200856D0E814996BCF50C697620D1D2>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Rocks the (Enviornmentally Sustainable) House. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C200856D0E814996BCF50C697620D1D2