Arthur; Falafelosophy; Great Lint Rush, The
WGBH Master Falafelosophy, 184A The Great Lint Rush, 184B
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Falafelosophy; Great Lint Rush, The
- Program Number
1404; 184A; 184B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Falafelosophy, 184A At the urging of guest-star author Neil Gaiman (“Coraline,” “The Graveyard Book”) Sue Ellen tries her hand at writing and illustrating a graphic novel. When Sue Ellen needs inspiration and encouragement, she turns to Neil – who pops up in unexpected places! – and to the philosophy lessons of her local falafel vendor!
Educational Objective: Sue Ellen learns to trust her own creative instincts while writing a graphic novel.
The Great Lint Rush, 184B Mr. Toad is back! And he’s ready to corner the Sock Market, leaving everyone in Elwood City barefoot and bereft. Can Pal and Kate negotiate for their socks….or will there be another great sock depression like the Great Chilly Toes Scare of 1929??
Educational Objective: Pal, Amigo, and Baby Kate learn that an economy (based on socks) runs on negotiating, bartering and trading.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Falafelosophy; Great Lint Rush, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C185F2D3760C4371AA9FE3A9CBE93497.
- MLA: “Arthur; Falafelosophy; Great Lint Rush, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C185F2D3760C4371AA9FE3A9CBE93497>.
- APA: Arthur; Falafelosophy; Great Lint Rush, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C185F2D3760C4371AA9FE3A9CBE93497