La Plaza; Eye On Education: Twenty Days to Tenth Grade
APT Master 20 Days to 10th Grade Closed Captioned APT version
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Eye On Education: Twenty Days to Tenth Grade
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
The atmosphere at Charlestown High School is grim as the school year ends. Good grades in regular Math and English classes, it appears, are not enough anymore. Half the ninth grade class has failed the new benchmark exams and is in danger of not being promoted to tenth grade. La Plaza’s 20 Days to 10th Grade takes viewers on an intense and emotional journey as we watch students and their teachers put everything on the line to prove themselves in a challenging environment of standardized assesment and high-stakes pressure. It all comes down to twenty days and a test. Producer Angelica Allende Brisk
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Eye On Education: Twenty Days to Tenth Grade,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C1651BEDF2F64102A139394393D38137.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Eye On Education: Twenty Days to Tenth Grade.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C1651BEDF2F64102A139394393D38137>.
- APA: La Plaza; Eye On Education: Twenty Days to Tenth Grade. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C1651BEDF2F64102A139394393D38137