Curious George; Downhill Racer; Book Monkey
CUGE 502 - PBS Media Operation Center Fully Packaged Show Program 502, Stories: 415A; 408A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Curious George
- Downhill Racer; Book Monkey
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premieres September 4, 2006 CURIOUS GEORGE is an animated series based on the popular books by Margret and H.A. Rey and airs daily on PBS Kids. Aimed at pre-school viewers (ages three to five), the goal of the series is to inspire children to explore science, engineering, and math in the world around them. And what better guide is there for this kind of exploration than the world's most curious monkey?
While remaining true to the look and feel of the beloved books, the daily series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and locales. Each episode features two animated stories followed by short live-action segments in which real kids investigate the ideas that George introduces in the stories. The series is narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy.
CURIOUS GEORGE is a production of Imagine Entertainment, WGBH Boston and Universal Studios Family Productions. Series release date: 9/4/2006
- Program Description
Downhill Racer When George hears about the annual soapbox derby, he enlists Allie to help him make the coolest car a monkey could drive. But even with the help of Bill’s instruction manual, building a car takes a lot of work and car parts sure are hard to find. Will their car made out of wagon wheels, a kayak, and brakes from a buggy race past the finish line or are they on a crash course?
Book Monkey George loves books and helping others, so volunteering to help the librarian is a no-brainer! But when she is called away, George may have volunteered for a bigger job than he expected. He does his best to reshelf books, but when people can’t find what they’re looking for, he starts over from scratch. After he sorts by the color, then size, then subject, how will the exhausted little monkey react when the librarian tells him that books are also sorted alphabetically?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Curious George; Downhill Racer; Book Monkey,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C0C6C09CF0DD4FC7AE74C62343FE6E53.
- MLA: “Curious George; Downhill Racer; Book Monkey.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C0C6C09CF0DD4FC7AE74C62343FE6E53>.
- APA: Curious George; Downhill Racer; Book Monkey. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C0C6C09CF0DD4FC7AE74C62343FE6E53