Ten O'Clock News; East Boston
Interview with East Boston resident and community activist on the caucus the next day to vote for people to go to the convention. She talks about her support of Michael Dukakis and the cooperation between Dukakis supporters and Thomas O'Neill supporters. She favors primary elections over the caucus practice. Closeup on teacup and saucer. They shoot cutaways (no audio). East Boston environs, houses, cars, Eastern Airlines sign. Editor's note: Content given off the record was edited out of this footage.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Logan International Airport
- Massachsuetts -- Politics and government
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- East Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; East Boston,” 02/05/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 24, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C0468FFC6EDB4DE49D35CEC23111C2A0.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; East Boston.” 02/05/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 24, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C0468FFC6EDB4DE49D35CEC23111C2A0>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; East Boston. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C0468FFC6EDB4DE49D35CEC23111C2A0