Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series II: A Pocketful of Rye
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series II: A Pocketful of Rye
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast December 4 and 11, 1986
Starring Joan Hickson as Miss Marple.
When businessman Rex Fortescue dies suddenly in his London office, the only clue is a handful of rye in the dead man's pocket. To Miss Marple, the connection with the famous nursery rhyme is all too clear and she sets out to discover the identity of the murderer. Yew Tree Lodge is filled with a rich crop of suspects.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series II: A Pocketful of Rye,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF6E649DD8E34132A52F8460CDDFA5CF.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series II: A Pocketful of Rye.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF6E649DD8E34132A52F8460CDDFA5CF>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series II: A Pocketful of Rye. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF6E649DD8E34132A52F8460CDDFA5CF