Simply Ming; Sesame Oil/ Balsamic Vinegar
Sesame Oil and Balsamic Vinegar with Michael Chiarello 27:02 Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Sesame Oil/ Balsamic Vinegar
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Michael Chiarello
Sesame Oil and Balsamic vinegar may seem like an unlikely East-West pairing, but Ming shows us how these two ingredients can create both appetizing and distinctive dishes. This time around, Ming makes Sesame-Grilled Eggplant and Red Bell Pepper Carpaccio with Whipped Tofu and Sesame-Crusted Goat Cheese with Cranberry-Balsamic Syrup. Ming also prepares a Sesame Tuna Salade Nicoise. Guest chef Michael Chiarello of Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, and Napastyle invites us to his home in Napa where he creates a flavorful Honey and Balsamic Glazed Salmon Spiral with Sesame Orange Spinach.
Recipes: Sesame Grilled Eggplant and Red Bell Pepper Carpaccio with Whipped Tofu
Sesame Tuna Salad Nicoise
Warm Tomato and Sesame-Crusted Goat Cheese with Cranberry-Balsamic Syrup
Michael Chiarello's Honey and Balsamic Glazed Salmon Spiral with Sesame-Orange Spinach
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Sesame Oil/ Balsamic Vinegar,” 02/16/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF6B709CAC1C4A12B2019F3D0E6EBD7E.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Sesame Oil/ Balsamic Vinegar.” 02/16/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF6B709CAC1C4A12B2019F3D0E6EBD7E>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Sesame Oil/ Balsamic Vinegar. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF6B709CAC1C4A12B2019F3D0E6EBD7E