Eyes on the Prize; Mississippi: Is This America? (1963-1964)
DVS on Channel 2 Run Time : 57:29 # 29974
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Eyes on the Prize
- Mississippi: Is This America? (1963-1964)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 1987
Produced by Blackside, Eyes on the Prize tells the definitive story of the civil rights era from the point of view of the ordinary men and women whose extraordinary actions launched a movement that changed the fabric of American life, and embodied a struggle whose reverberations continue to be felt today.
Through contemporary interviews and historical footage, Eyes on the Prize traces the civil rights movement from the Montgomery bus boycott to the Voting Rights Act; from early acts of individual courage through the flowering of a mass movement and its eventual split into factions. Julian Bond, political leader and civil rights activist, narrates. Series release date: 1987
- Program Description
Broadcast in 1987
Mississippi's grass-roots civil rights movement becomes an American concern when college students travel south to help register black voters and three activists are murdered. The Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party challenges the regular Mississippi delegation at the Democratic Convention in Atlantic City.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Race and Ethnicity
- Hampton, Henry (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Eyes on the Prize; Mississippi: Is This America? (1963-1964),” 10/01/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 7, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF42081D9A3949C5830A98C015A58958.
- MLA: “Eyes on the Prize; Mississippi: Is This America? (1963-1964).” 10/01/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 7, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF42081D9A3949C5830A98C015A58958>.
- APA: Eyes on the Prize; Mississippi: Is This America? (1963-1964). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF42081D9A3949C5830A98C015A58958