Martha Speaks; Martha's Market; Bye Bye Burger Boy
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha's Market; Bye Bye Burger Boy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha’s Market Jorge Aguirre When Carolina takes off from work to set up for her father’s surprise party, the task of running Jorge’s market falls into Martha’s paws. Will she and her canine coworkers be able to satisfy their customers’ needs? Or will a staff of dogs in a store full of food become too much to manage?
Vocabulary (E) market, stock(ed)(ing), inventory, display, order(s)(ing)
Bye Bye Burger Boy Raye Lankford Burger Boy, the gang’s favorite childhood restaurant, is going out of business! Can Martha and friends launch an advertising campaign to save their local eatery before it’s overrun by its profit-seeking, corporate competition, Big Burgertorium?
Vocabulary (E) business, customer, commercial, advertistement, market(ing)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Market; Bye Bye Burger Boy,” 04/05/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF28ED9BBF57462EBB215F25922888FE.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Market; Bye Bye Burger Boy.” 04/05/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF28ED9BBF57462EBB215F25922888FE>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha's Market; Bye Bye Burger Boy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BF28ED9BBF57462EBB215F25922888FE