Evening at Pops; Boston Pops Classics
Boston Pops Classics Jean Yves Thibuadet
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Boston Pops Classics
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Boston Pops Orchestra welcomes internationally acclaimed pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet, who joins conductor Keith Lockhart for Ravel's Piano Concerto in G in a program of classic Pops repertoire. Also included is music composed by Verdi, Mascagni, and an arrangement from Cinema Paradiso. Also making his first appearance is Broadway favorite J. Mark McVey who performs "Bring Him Home" from the long-running musical Les Misérables. The program finale features high-kicking dancers and the antics of "Grandma" from the Big Apple Circus for an unique rendition of the Can Can from Offenback's "Orpheus in the Underworld." This evening's performance of EVENING AT POPS will entertain with a twist on both classical and modern masterpieces.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Boston Pops Classics,” 06/10/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BEC69FF4889B4DFF9E65543528CD79D6.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Boston Pops Classics.” 06/10/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BEC69FF4889B4DFF9E65543528CD79D6>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Boston Pops Classics. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BEC69FF4889B4DFF9E65543528CD79D6