Evening at Pops; Gilbert And Sullivan At The Pops
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Gilbert And Sullivan At The Pops
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Beverly Sills hosts this all-star hit parade of the musical theater innovators' best-known operettas. Mezzo soprano Diane Curry, baritone Herbert Perry, tenor Glenn Siebert, patter baritone Richard Suart and soprano Sheryl Woods join guest conductor Roger Norrington for delightful, semi-staged performances of some of the urbane duo's most familiar and witty songs.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Gilbert And Sullivan At The Pops,” 04/28/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BE7FA63A54C54CACAC44FBE422AA714D.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Gilbert And Sullivan At The Pops.” 04/28/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BE7FA63A54C54CACAC44FBE422AA714D>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Gilbert And Sullivan At The Pops. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BE7FA63A54C54CACAC44FBE422AA714D