Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 105
EE Master- No Captions
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow FYI
- Antiques Roadshow FYI 105
- Program Number
- Series Description
Fans of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW have wrestled with these weighty questions since the hit PBS series debuted eight years ago. Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2005 the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proudly present this brand-new weekly series of 26 half-hour programs, revealing the answers to What happens to the stuff after the owners leave the convention hall? ... Where can I get the best deals? ... What are the hot collectibles right now? ... What do the appraisers collect? and more!
Hosted by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Lara Spencer with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI is the perfect complement to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — a digest that gives viewers tools to enrich and improve their own treasure hunts. A cross-country excursion with stops in America's top antiques shows and auctions. Candid conversations and trade secrets from ROADSHOW experts. Unsolved mysteries surrounding stolen works of art and surprising updates on treasures from past ROADSHOW episodes. Series release date: 1/19/2005
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI correspondent Clay Reynolds discovers what happened to an 1822 first edition Carey American Atlas after it was appraised on ANTIQUES ROADSHOW in Chicago for $8,000 to $12,000. Host Lara Spencer gets a lesson in Delft tile collecting from appraiser Suzanne Perrault. Clay follows the emotional story of a World War II pilot as he visits a fleet of restored "warbirds"; learns from expert Bruce Herman what's hot in World War II aviation collectibles; and interviews appraiser Alan Fausel about the astonishing true story of an art heist at a San Francisco museum — and equally incredible recovery — involving an original Rembrandt.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 105,” 02/16/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDE8233920BD483FA269C7E9CACDB9E6.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 105.” 02/16/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDE8233920BD483FA269C7E9CACDB9E6>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 105. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDE8233920BD483FA269C7E9CACDB9E6