Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mark Potok
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Mark Potok WGBH Master Show #3107
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Mark Potok
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
According to hate crime statistics published annually by the FBI, anti-Latino hate crimes rose by almost 35 percent between 2003 and 2006, the latest year for which statistics are available Mark Potok, a former USA Today reporter, is the director of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project The Intelligence Project is dedicated to monitoring hate groups and extremist activity throughout the United States Potok and Hinojosa look at the possible reasons behind the disturbing rise in anti-Latino incidents.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mark Potok,” 02/24/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDE141C555FD4188AB36E0EA7A154013.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mark Potok.” 02/24/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDE141C555FD4188AB36E0EA7A154013>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mark Potok. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDE141C555FD4188AB36E0EA7A154013