Art Close Up; June 2004 Special: The Puppeteer
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Art Close Up
- June 2004 Special: The Puppeteer
- Program Number
- Series Description
A locally-produced, periodic half-hour program that showcases the wealth of creativity in the Greater boston area. Greater boston arts will feature segments produced by independent filmmakers - spanning the spectrum from major institutions to community arts centers, downtown theatres to rehearsal studios, high art to low - as well as a calendar of upcoming events. Series release date: 5/2003
- Program Description
Co-produced by Gary Henoch and Chris Schmidt, the film introduces viewers to Igor Fokin, a street performer whose stage was Harvard Square. In performance after performance, Fokin enthralled audiences young and old through a puppetry tradition he learned in his native Russia. Events take an unexpected turn when Folkin suddenly dies of a heart attack at the age of 36. Years later, the filmmakers follow sculptor Konstantin Simun as he creates and installs a memorial based on one of Fokin's puppets. This film portrait of Fokin, an artist who was anonymous to most of his audience, shows the passionate connection he engendered both in life and in death.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Fine Arts
- Stewart, Stephanie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Art Close Up; June 2004 Special: The Puppeteer,” 06/16/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDCD791E468A44FAAC3CD5EE5E83E4EE.
- MLA: “Art Close Up; June 2004 Special: The Puppeteer.” 06/16/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDCD791E468A44FAAC3CD5EE5E83E4EE>.
- APA: Art Close Up; June 2004 Special: The Puppeteer. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BDCD791E468A44FAAC3CD5EE5E83E4EE