Martha Speaks; Martha's Holiday Surprise; We're Powerless
Martha Speaks Master Tape Episode 95 MSPE000607 HD-Base AUDIO SPLIT TRACK
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha's Holiday Surprise; We're Powerless
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha’s Holiday Surprise Raye Lankford A blizzard is headed towards Wagstaff City and Mittens the cat is trapped in an alley. Fears rise when the story unfolds: Mittens has kittens. Abandoning animal prejudices, Martha and Skits trample into the snow-capped city to rescue the endangered cat and her young.
We’re Powerless! Joe Fallon A blackout in Wagstaff City renders Helen, T.D. and Truman incapable of playing their favorite videogame, Multi-Dimensional Intergalactic Kleine Nachtgopher Attack Four. But with a little imagination, a basket of laundry and some salad tongs, these nachtgophers might not be so powerless after all.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Holiday Surprise; We're Powerless,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD8DA46C05384A808842C258F9F66049.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Holiday Surprise; We're Powerless.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD8DA46C05384A808842C258F9F66049>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha's Holiday Surprise; We're Powerless. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD8DA46C05384A808842C258F9F66049